Responsible according to § 5 TMG
Prof. Dr. Marc Goerigk
Liability for content
The content of this site has been created with the greatest of care. I cannot, however, guarantee that the information in it is accurate, complete or up-to-date. As a service provider I am responsible under Section 6(1) of the German Media Services Inter-State Agreement and Section 8(1) of the German Teleservices Act for my own content on this site. Service providers are not however obliged to monitor third party information transmitted or stored on their site by them or to look for circumstances which may suggest a violation of the law. This does not affect my statutory obligations to remove or block the use of information. My liability in such cases shall however commence from the time I become aware of an actual violation. On becoming aware of such violations I shall remove this content immediately.
Liability for links
This website contains links to external third-party websites, over the content of which I have no control. I cannot, therefore, make any guarantees regarding this third-party content. Responsibility for the content of linked sites lies solely with the provider or operator of the site concerned. All linked sites were checked for possible violations of the law when they were linked to mine. At that time I was not aware of any content which may violate the law. However, I cannot be expected to monitor the content of linked sites on an ongoing basis unless I have reason to suspect a violation of the law. On becoming aware of such a violation I shall remove the respective link immediately.
The operator of this site makes every effort to respect the copyrights of outside parties and to employ his own material and material in the public domain. All content and material on this site created by the site operator is governed by German copyright law. Downloads and copies of this site may be made for private, non-commercial use only. Reproduction, processing, distribution and any form of exploitation beyond that permitted by copyright law requires the written consent of the author or creator concerned. Contributions by third parties are identified as such. Should anyone become aware of a possible copyright infringement, I kindly request that you inform me of such. Upon becoming aware of such a violation I shall remove the respective content immediately.
As a rule the use of this website is possible without providing any personally relevant data. Any provision of personal data (e.g. name, address or email addresses) occurs entirely on a voluntary basis. These data will not be provided to any third parties without the user’s express approval. Be aware that the transmission of data via the internet (e.g. communication by email) is subject to security gaps. Complete protection of data from unauthorized access by third parties is not possible. The use of contact details published under the statutory requirement to provide acknowledgements by third parties for the purpose of the transmission of unsolicited advertising and informational material is expressly opposed. The site operator expressly reserves the right to take legal action against the unsolicited mailing of advertising information by way of spamming or similar.
Information automatically collected
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Websiteand which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Website. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.